Keep your phone on guard by configuring the power button as a button for sending messages or calling emergencies. So you can do it.
The power switch of your cell phone can be a real lifesaver if you know how to configure it as an emergency button. That’s right, you have the option of changing the action of this button so that direct access to emergency services and contacts is possible.
In dangerous situations, it takes too long to unlock the phone, open the phone app and call the emergency number. A time that could be the key to your life or other people. Hence, it is estimated that Android has the option to enable this button Call emergencies directly or send an SOS message to your contacts with just a few taps.
In this guide we explain How to configure the emergency button on Android depending on the manufacturer of your mobile phone. In addition, we recommend an alternative that you can use regardless of the brand of the terminal.
How to configure the emergency button to send messages or calls
The procedure for activating the emergency button and The associated actions vary depending on the manufacturer. For example, in Samsung this button is used to send SOS messages, while in OnePlus it is used to call emergencies directly.
We’ll see all of this in detail from now on, how we’re going to do it Explain one by one how to configure the emergency button on the smartphones of the most important companies with Android.
Emergency button on Samsung
We started with Samsung, a manufacturer that does that too includes an emergency mode in their cell phones this can help you in difficult situations.
In addition to this function, you can also activate the sending of SOS messages in the company’s terminals, which, as the name suggests, are used to Send a quick notification to your emergency contacts Just press the power button three times. In addition to sending a text message, you can also attach pictures recorded with the front and rear cameras and an audio recording 5 seconds.
How to configure the power button as an emergency button on your Samsung phone: Follow this process:
- Enter the phone settings.
- Access the section “Advanced features”.
- Swipe down and tap “Send SOS messages”.
- Within the menu, Slide the button to the right the “Enabled” option to enable emergency messages to be sent.
- Add emergency contacts to whom you want to send an SOS message from the phone’s contact list.
- Choose whether to attach pictures and audios When emergency messaging is enabled or these options are not enabled. And voila, you’ve already completed the emergency button configuration in Samsung.
If you find yourself in dangerous situations, all that’s left to do is from now on Press the power button three times in a row from your Samsung phone to send an emergency message to the selected contacts. So that they know immediately why you need help, you can insert images captured with both cameras and record 5-second audio.
Emergency button on Xiaomi
You can also configure an emergency SOS on your Xiaomi phone, which will quickly put you in touch with your closest contacts to inform them that you are in a risk situation.
This tool essentially consists of when sending your location in an SOS message the ones you trust by pressing the power button five times. To activate this emergency button in Xiaomi, you need to do the following:
- Enter the settings of your Xiaomi phone.
- To join “Passwords and Security”.
- Click on “SOS emergency”.
- Check the box “SOS emergency”.
- Read the permissions Xiaomi needs to activate this function and Enter them by clicking “Allow”.
- Add emergency contactsmust be at least 1 for the emergency SOS to work normally.
- If next to the SOS message and the location you want to send the last hour’s call log to, the box is checked “Send call list”.
After you’ve completed this process, all that’s left is to do Press 5 times the power button of your Xiaomi phone to start the process of sending an SOS message to emergency contacts. You will know that you are in danger, and not just see the place to come to help quickly.
Emergency button on OnePlus
If you have a OnePlus phone, you can use the power button for a quick SOS too. Unlike the previous brands, OnePlus gives you more choices since you are the one to do it Decide whether you want button 3 or 5 to touch and whether it puts you in touch with the local emergency number or your trusted contacts.
These options are displayed in the Emergency Rescue Tool, included in the OxygenOS customization layer and used to automatically ask for help. To activate it, do the following:
- Enter the settings of your OnePlus phone.
- Access the section “Security and Screen Lock”.
- In the “Personal Security” section, click “Emergency rescue”.
- Click on “On / off switch for quick SOS” and choose to press the button 3 or 5 times to activate emergency rescue.
- Click on “Preferred SOS Action” You can choose to use the power button to call a local emergency number or share your location with emergency contacts.
- Go in “Edit contacts and emergency information” Add medical and emergency contact information that can assist emergency services in the event of an emergency. This information is displayed on the lock screen and the reps just need to tap your contacts name to call them without unlocking the phone.
Emergency button on Huawei
EMUI, Huawei’s mobile adaptation layer, also has an emergency rescue tool that can be extremely useful in difficult situations.
In this case, the Huawei phone will work as follows Send an SOS message next to your location to the emergency contacts when you click the power button 5 times. To activate this tool on your Huawei, do the following:
- Enter the phone settings.
- Click on that security area.
- Enter the function “SOS emergency”.
- Activate the option “Also send an SOS message”.
- Add emergency contacts from the terminal agenda.
Once this feature is activated, all you have to do is Press the power button five times in a row So that the phone automatically sends an SOS message to your contacts along with your current location. After that, it will also open automatically the emergency screen so that you can contact the emergency services.
AlertCops, the best alternative
Most Android phone manufacturers incorporate tools to configure the power button as an emergency button in their terminals. If you don’t like the performance of this feature on your phone, or just want to know other options, We encourage you to try AlertCops.
It is an application developed by the Spanish government to seek help from the State Security Forces and Authorities if you are a victim or witness to an incident. One of the most outstanding features is that SOS button that sends an urgent alarm to the nearest police center next to your location and a 10 second audio.
This button, which you can place on the phone’s home screen by adding it as a widget, you have to Press it at least 5 times in less than 6 seconds The system then automatically sends an SOS alarm to the nearest police center.
Thanks to this feature and the rest of the useful tools it integrates, AlertCops is positioned as good alternative to the emergency button from your Android phone. You can now download it for free from the Play Store with a size of 29MB.
Of course you can Keep both options checked, the emergency call button and AlertCops to have even more options in dangerous situations.
Related topics: Android, mobile