NFC technology is one of the most useful smartphones because of its wide range of uses. This is how you can find out if your phone has it and simply activate it.
NFC connectivity has become an essential element of today’s smartphones. This technology, which began exclusively for the high-end range, can already be found in the entry-level area. If you still aren’t using it, then this guide where we see will help you find out what you’re missing What is NFC, the various functions They have on Android and how to activate it easily.
We discovered that years ago You should request the NFC on your next cell phoneIf you’ve listened to us, you now have a smartphone in your hand with this technology. It is very easy to take advantage of as there are few to follow simple steps to activate it. Before we see what they are, let’s know what NFC connectivity is and how it works.
What is NFC
NFC – Abbreviation for Near Field Communication – is a technology from wireless communication with short range and high frequency This allows information to be transferred between two devices that have a chip of this type. Although the truth is that this communication can work in two ways depending on what the connected devices are.
- Active NFC connectivity: The two connected devices generate an electromagnetic field with their own energy sources in order to exchange information with one another.
- Passive NFC connectivity: Only one of the two devices has a power source, so it creates its own electromagnetic field that is used by the other device to exchange information
As you can imagine, this is NFC technology present on websites other than smartphones. For example, it is the technology that enables us to use public transport a transport cardThis is indeed a good example of passive NFC as these cards do not have their own power supply, but use the magnetic field of the NFC sensor on the subway winches.
The transmission speed of NFC, on the other hand, is not too high as it can only reach one Transfer rate of 424 kbit / sSo it is not intended to transfer large amounts of data, but to Review and identification processes. However, as we will see later, we also have the option to send files between devices.
Its strength is that, unlike Bluetooth, it does not require any kind of pairing, but thanks to it is instant fast communication speed. Of course, at the expense of its range, which at most can Be 20 centimeters.
In short, NFC technology has reached cell phones Make things easier that we do every dayFor example, you can pay for a purchase, transfer files, or pair your phone with Bluetooth accessories such as wireless headphones. This is described in the next section.
What is NFC on Android for?
NFC is indispensable in current smartphones due to the large number of functions offered, which are listed on the website of the NFC forum. There are three main functions:
- NFC tag reader
- Device coupling
- Card emulation
Based on these three uses, there are many ways we can use the NFC on our Android phone and we will tell you what they are. those that you can use daily:
- Mobile payment: Paying with your cell phone is possibly the use of NFC that we appreciate the most as we can either do it through Google Pay or our bank’s applications Pay with our smartphone like with a bank card. This way we can leave the credit card at home and always be aware of unexpected expenses. In addition, most companies are compatible with this payment method these days.
- Fast pairing with Bluetooth devices: One of the things we’ve seen in years is that accessory manufacturers like Bluetooth headphones or speakersAdd NFC to your devices that we can pair quickly just by bringing them closer to our terminal. A process that saves us time and makes these bluetooth devices very easy to use.
- File transfer between phones: Another use of NFC is to transfer files between two phones that are together. All you have to do is turn on the NFC, open the file you want to share, connect the two phones and accept the file transfer to send or receive the information.
- Wireless charging accessories: As reported by the NFC forum, one of the least known uses of NFC is wireless charging of small technological devices after approval of the WLC (Wireless Charging Specification) standard. For example you can Charge bluetooth headphones or smartwatches.
- Identity card: With the NFC you can also use your mobile phone as an identification tool, if Use public transport and open the front door, “check in” at a hotel, open the car door or enter concerts or museums.
- NFC tags with automated actions: NFC tags are small devices with passive NFC that we can program to automatically perform all kinds of functions upon contact with our mobile phone, e.g. Turn on bluetooth or even activate airplane mode. You can also use these labels See a museum for additional information on his paintings, in a shop to access special offers, or at the taxi rank to initiate a call to a taxi driver.
How to enable NFC on your Android phone
As we told you before, enabling the NFC on your Android phone is a very, very simple process. If your customization layer comes with it, just slide open the top status bar Find the NFC under the shortcuts. Simply tap the button to enable or disable connectivity.
If you move the status bar and can’t find this option, then you need to go ahead another method of activating the NFC on your cell phone – as long as you have it – of course. Is this:
- Open the terminal settings.
- Click on the section “Links”. It can also be referred to as “Wireless Connections”, “Additional Connections” and variants, it depends on the manufacturer.
- Activate the “NFC” checkbox Slide the button to the right. When you click on it, you can access the configuration of some features, such as: B. Payment contactless. If you can’t find the NFC option in Connections, here’s what to do Do it in the “More” menu.
How do I know if my phone has NFC?
Knowing if your mobile phone has NFCC is very easy as it is enough to go to Settings and put in the search engine “NFC”. If it is shown in the settings, it means that your mobile phone has it, since of course we would not have an option to activate it if the terminal did not have an NFC chip.
On the other hand, you always can fall back on an application that checks thisB. Check NFC to see if your terminal has NFC connectivity or not. Simple truth?
Best phones with NFC
If you have reached this part of the guide without an NFC cell phone, congratulations because now you can know the models on the market that can not be missing from your list if you want. Swap your old smartphone for a smartphone with NFC.
Between the best phones with NFC There are some like him Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 11 or OnePlus 8 Pro. In the event that you are looking for a cheaper smartphone with NFCyou can bet on the POCO X3 NFC, the Redmi 9 or the Realme 8 Pro.
Related topics: Android, mobile, technology